Thursday 28 November 2013

Rested, Tested and a 'Problem' Manifested!

The truth needs so little rehearsal. {Barbara Kingsglove}

I always used to think the weekend was too short when I was a student.  Move into the pub industry and in actual fact you realise it's too long!!  In Pantoland however the word "weekend" usually means three show days, red bull soaked actors and a stream of angry dads missing 'Match of the Day'!  Unless of course.... It's rehearsal week!

I had a lovely weekend back in London, although still not enough with Sandy!!  I chilled me boots, played house husband a little and of course went over my dances!!  I was so overjoyed at finally cracking one particular routine, I felt it necessary to record it and tweet Gerry & Jill with the good news.  

This week started off a tad slower for me, as poor old Buttons, doesn't get an invite to the ball; probably the accent!  This of course has given me plenty of time to go over dance routines and cram a few lines!  Following a nice little lie in on Monday, I went in to run the transformation scenes for the end of Act I, which I think we managed to get nailed down.  Bonnie is great about not being "precious" about her lines and so suggested a few cuts, which really picked up the energy and excitement of the scene. I stroked so many pretend horses that afternoon... I'm expecting an invite from the 'War Horse' cast!

The latter part of the afternoon found us doing a second full run of Act I, which after thinking on Gerry's advice from Friday, about playing the 'truth', actually went really well.  Gerry told me afterwards there were a few "really lovely moments" emerging, so that was a fantastic confidence boost!  I slipped a couple of extra reactions and ad libs in...so Alice had better be on her guard.  

I don't think the audience will doubt our 'friendship' on stage.  It feels as though the bond is coming across and Vicky even commented that she wants Cinders to "get with Buttons now," so let's hope that transfers in the theatre.  

I managed to leave a little earlier Monday night... But it seems I missed all the action.  After dancing away until 7pm with the Babes, our ensemble were given the news they weren't needed until 12 the next day, and so, we're granted a well deserved lie in.  So ecstatic was one of them, Ryan (also my understudy) that he jumped up, cheered and..... Fell over on a twisted ankle.  I came in Tuesday to find the poor chap with his foot up and swollen like a marrow!! The prognosis.... Recovery in between 2 days and 6 weeks!  We're obviously praying for the former! 

And on that bombshell.... Night night.
JB - BB

No comments:

Post a Comment