Wednesday 11 December 2013

AWAB!!! Abscent Without Blogging

“Be not sick too late, nor well too soon” {Benjamin Franklin}

Oh deary me boy, girls, ladies and Jellyspoon's!!  What a week and a bit it's been!!!  So much to tell and so little time.  Most of the cast, along with some of the creatives and me have been as sick as a dog, hence I've been being a very good boy and going straight home to bed after rehearsals/shows and sadly not written any blog updates.  I'm glad to say we are all now on the mend - and so will update you in a number of brief posts as to what has been happening.

Firstly, let's cover the producers run.  Despite coughing every other word, that seemed to go quite well without any major cock-ups and gave the team a good look at what we have managed to put together.  Finishing at 4pm was rear as it allowed me the chance to get home earlier and relax.  Unfortunately the extra relaxation time didn't help conquer the illness, which seemed at this point to be getting worse not better.

Back on Monday, and we were finally in to the theatre.  My favourite theatre in the world, the Yvonne Arnaud!! I normally love production week, seeing all the crew and theatre staff again, settling into my dressing room and getting my grotto decorations up.  Sadly, the illness really did stop me from enjoying it as much as I'd have liked.  Sod's law I suppose.  A little cough and a few aches and pains feel like the end of huge world when you're prepping for a show.... Sadly one of Robert's friends has been terminally unwell! and after a quick talk about all of or ailments we both greed that this put things into context.  

Poor Alice had it the worst I think,  she completely lost her voice at one point and couldn't speak or sing.  A quick trip to the doctors revealed it was a check infection, which had to run its course... This is obviously why us asthma sufferers were taking the brunt of it.  We all sat back on it during tech and the first dress, just to make sure we didn't spend ourselves out! 

Production week technically went well, the crew got everything done as and when they needed to and didn't take much extra practice!  Bravo guys!  The only bit that took a little longer was the transformation, but this was inevitable, and time had been allowed.  never work with children or animals, especially ones that leave little parcels everywhere!!! The Ponies not the children!!

For now I bid you adieu, and will see you in the next post, where we reach opening night and some familiar audience members!!! 

JB - BB

No comments:

Post a Comment